Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Age of innocence

As cool as I would like to think I am, I fear I am far from. I noticed on a toy box a few months ago that the toy company had used a model for the mom that was SO YOUNG. Seriously I couldn't believe they picked this hot young chick to be this toddler's mom on this box. I mean gosh, she had to be MY AGE, no way was she old enough to be the mom of a three-year-old.
Oh wait.
Around this same time I have noticed that everyone in commercials is my age. Moms in pop tart commercials, business women in meetings on commercials, females in general. Wow I guess they are using younger models to represent American people, because we want to see younger prettier people.
Oh wait.
A few weeks ago I was talking to a work friend of mine in our Chicago office. We were discussing our weekend plans and I told her a few of my friends were coming over for Valentines Day. We had plans to snack on appetizers and decorate sugar cookies to take home and give to our sweeties (or stuff our own faces, I don't know if Cory actually got any of these cookies). To which my young hot work friend replied, 'wow you're so domestic...'
Hmm.
Cory informed me this morning that he had a shocking amount of grey hair in his facial hair. I asked 'how in the world have you noticed? You shave everyday!' And he said that he could see it when it grew out a bit, in a concerned way.
I reassured him as best I could, telling him he was totally as hot as when we first met. Then I told him if it made him feel better I have decided I like everything in the Land's End catalog I got in the mail yesterday.
He smiled and said it did.
So I may drive a very cool car (it’s cool in MY mind!), but I am still a domesticated mom blob. But really, I don't think there is anything wrong with that.
*Remember! Be sure to enter in the giveaway for the bottle of Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce. All you have to do is leave a comment with your name on this post by April 24, 2009.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be... erm, nice. My fragile ego can't take too much honesty. Seriously though, I do love comments. Please tell me what you think!