Wednesday, November 11, 2009

July updates

This past week has been fun. Moose’s daycare was closed down for the week so Mimi has been keeping him. They’ve been attending swim lessons, feeding the ducks, and going to the park for picnics all week. He has fallen into bed each night in exhaustion.
He can’t wait to get back to school tomorrow to see his friends though. We’ve been talking about it all weekend. He is looking forward to telling his teachers all about swim lessons, and he wants to play with his friends pretty badly.
I’m looking forward to getting back onto a normal schedule. Not that I have to go out of my way too much to take Moose over to Mimi’s. But there is more traffic that direction.
Moose completed swim lessons this past week too. He is ready to move up to the next class, which I was shocked to learn. He is doing extremely well, putting his whole head in the water and using both his arms and legs to swim. He can’t keep himself afloat yet, he needs a floaty thing on his back. So they must tackle that in the next class.
I broke one of the prongs on my ring this week so I had to turn it in at the jewelry store. When I was talking to the girl, she said that I should talk Cory into upgrading my solitaire into a full karat. I said no way! If anything I need something flatter! I am always taking them off to cook. Then I told her I was a food writer. And she was IMPRESSED. Seriously. She was shocked I got paid to write and review recipes. Then she seemed kind of star-struck, asking if I was going to be on the food network. I was like, no! She joked that she should get my autograph now just in case. We laughed and I left in a great mood.
Saturday Cory and I took Moose to Keeneland to see a car show. He was not as thrilled as we thought he would be. He started being grumpy almost as soon as we got there, and when I decided we would have to leave, he went into Total Meltdown. It was awful. I had to drive with my windows down to get directions to the exit, and he was howling like I was torturing him on the rack. People looked. It was not cool. *Shudder*
Mom bought me tons of fruits and vegetables so I’ve been baking all weekend. Peach Cobbler yesterday (thanks Bobbi) and Blueberry Buckle today (thanks Emily!) Recipes to come this week:) Thank you so much for all your support, I can’t thank all of you enough! Your support is why I am doing so well as a food writer. If there is anything you would like me to investigate or look into, please let me know. I have a request for a good wheat bread recipe, so I am looking into that currently! And feel free to send me a recipe if you try it and it works for you-the best recipes are those from friends and family:) And remember, if you think one of your friends or family members may enjoy a recipe, feel free to forward it on, remember I get paid by page clicks. This means the more people click on my articles, the better I do!
I harvested my herbs this morning, and I am so pleased with the results. However our pumpkin vines are growing and flowering, but no pumpkins. I read that you can pollenate them yourself by rubbing the male flowers on the female flowers, but uh, they all the same, so hopefully my resident farm boy can handle that for me this afternoon.
Cory is currently riding around having fun as a navigator in the car show drive. Or actually, to be more accurate, he is dining in luxury at Spindletop while I heated up some frozen egg rolls for lunch after playing with Playdoh for an hour. So yeah, the norm around here.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be... erm, nice. My fragile ego can't take too much honesty. Seriously though, I do love comments. Please tell me what you think!