Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Mister Independent

Moose is quickly leaving me behind.
Or maybe it just feels that way.
He doesn’t need me to help brush his teeth anymore, or so he thinks. He doesn’t need help with putting clothes on, or so he thinks. And he doesn’t need help walking down the stairs. Please note the scuff on his forehead.
Moose has turned a corner towards independence that basically involves him fighting my help, doing it himself, then letting me do it again to make sure that the tag is in the back, and that he didn’t miss his molars.
I know this is only the beginning, there will come a time when he will bathe himself, run out the door, and zoom away in his car. (and I do mean zoom, he is his father’s son after all) How am I supposed to prepare myself for that when I’m getting teary eyed when he tells me not to cut up his banana anymore?
For the time being, there is a burst of enthusiasm when he runs off to do something himself. (oh my he is getting so big! oh... wait, he is soooo big what happened to by baby...) So for now I am going to try and focus on the beginning of those feelings. I’ll start to worry when he can tie his shoes-sound like a plan?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be... erm, nice. My fragile ego can't take too much honesty. Seriously though, I do love comments. Please tell me what you think!